Friday, July 16, 2010

Music Discovery: Lisa Hannigan



Apparently, I've been a fan of this girl for a while, and I didn't even know it. While noodling around on the Interwebs today, for some reason I had the song "Volcano" by Damien Rice in my head. Damien sings with this girl who has one of the most enchanting voices I've ever heard. So, about 5 years too late, I decide to find out who she is. Lisa Hannigan. Hm. Let's check out her MySpace. She did a cover of Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus, eh? That's ballsy. Let's listen to it. HOLYSHIT *brain explodes* I'm in love.

She sings a short, cute version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" first. "Personal Jesus" is right after that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cn_poCTozc

"Volcano" with Damien Rice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZduDvIBu3EU

Currently...
Reading: Wicked by Gregory Maguire, Oil! by Upton Sinclair, Neuromancer by William Gibson
Listening To: Spill.com podcasts
Watching: So You Think You Can Dance (I'm a dancer. Don't judge me.)

1 comment: